Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth and also to provide a fixed solution as an alternative to having removable partial or complete dentures. Implants can also provide excellent support and stability for these removable dentures in some cases. Dental implants are artificial roots (usually titanium) that are surgically placed into the upper or lower jaw bone by a dentist or Periodontist (gum specialist). The teeth or crowns attached to implants are very natural looking and often enhance or restore a patient’s smile! Dental implants are very strong, stable, and durable, but on occasion, they will have to be re-tightened or replaced due to normal wear.
Reasons for dental implants:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space
- Restore your confident smile
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion
- Restore or enhance facial tissues
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable